Call for Tee-Time 585-591-1747
In 1972, Ray bought 63 acres of land from Harold Stringham with the hopes of building the land into a Camping Grounds with a chip -n- putt Golf Course for the campers.
After the Town of Bennington denied Ray of his dream, he decided to make his land into a Par 3 golf course. Ray worked hard day and night with the help of many friends and family. They cut down many trees, picked a lot of rocks and moved plenty of dirt. The grass seed was ready to be planted. On July 12, 1974, the par 27 front nine was opened.
In 1979, the construction of the back nine began. Again, there was a lot of hours cutting trees down, picking rocks, moving dirt and planting grass seed. The par 31 back nine opened in 1982.
In 1985, Ray bought an additional 24 acres of land from Paul Trauscht. He began rebuilding the front nine to include four par 4 holes. July 9, 1988, the front nine, as we know it today, was expanded to a par 31, by extending holes #3, 4, 6 & 7 to a par 4.
On July 1, 1998, Quiet Times Golf Course was sold to Ray & Clarine's son, Roger and his wife Sonya. The golf course still to this day is a family oriented business. Ray can be found mowing grass and Clarine can be found behind the counter waiting on customers. All the grandchildren are involved with the business in some way whether it be mowing grass, helping in the kitchen or washing and putting carts away for the night for a recharge.